Wednesday 30 May 2012

Wolverhampton Wildlife

In the last couple of weeks I have had the privilege of seeing a Badger for only the seond time in my life and also a Greater Spotted Woodpecker for the first time. Both in the Garden !


At about 1.30 in the morning whilst spending an entertaining evening with my good friend putting the world to rights I glanced out of the front window just as a Badger ran underneath the street lamp at the bottom of the garden. I jumped up to see it run up my front path then dive into next doors garden. This all happened in about 6 seconds but was just great to see. My friend missed it all. Hopefully the Badger uses this route frequently so hopefully I might see it again when its not in such a rush.

And as if that wasn't good enough then today a Greater Spotted Woodpecker appeared at the base of the tree as I sat about 15 feet away and sort of scurried up the tree and then disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. Beautiful looking bird . I have heard it many times while over on Parkdale but had never actually seen it before.


A few weeks ago I saw a lovely Peacock butterfly over on Parkdale. Even managed to get a picture of this one. Also saw an Orange tip Butterfly but it flew off before I could get a picture


At 2am this morning while making my way back from my friends flat in Chapel Ash as usual I was just hoping I didn't come across any of the not so furry wildlife that inhabit the streets around here. I didn't but as I turned into Parkdale two foxes were running down the street. I've seen the fox so many times in the garden over the years I didn't really give it a second glance but the one Fox was much bigger than the other so I assume it may have been the mother with a cub but I really don't honestly know. Anyway they ran off and dived over the wall as I approached.

As Dusk approaches I sit on the step watching the Bats diving around and I hear on Owl hooting every night. Got no idea what type of Bats they are though and I have never managed to see the owl.


Maybe another day......

No comments:

Post a Comment